Whether your goal is to escape on gravel back roads, far from cars and crowds, toe the start line at your first gravel race, or simply get the most versatile bike on the road or dirt, no bike is better than the Diverge. It's quite simply the fastest, most capable—and just maybe the most fun—alloy bike we've ever made, delivering a ride that's quick and lively, but stable and confidence-inspiring when the terrain gets rough. With all-new gravel geometry and category-leading tire clearance, the Diverge represents everything we've learned over more than 40 years of riding road, gravel, and dirt. The Diverge writes an entirely new chapter in the gravel bike category, so you can dream up entirely new rides. It's the ultimate getaway vehicle.
With a premium E5 alloy frame and a full-carbon FACT fork, the Diverge Base E5 delivers a fast, confident, and comfortable ride on road, in the dirt, and over thick gravel. Shimano's Claris 2x8 group gives a wide range of gears for any terrain, while Axis Elite alloy wheels and Road Sport 35mm tires provide an efficient ride on pavement with added versatility for hard-pack dirt riding.
- Nothing unlocks a bike's capability like tire clearance, so we gave the new Diverge a whopping 47mm of tire clearance with a 700c wheel and 2.1-inch with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a drive-side chainstay utilizing a machined alloy beam behind the chainrings, we've created clearance without using a fragile dropped chainstay design or increasing chainstay length.
- Our Premium E5 Aluminum frame provides a stiff, light, and durable platform. When mated to our full carbon FACT fork, the Diverge Base E5 becomes a light, lively, and versatile bike that's ready to attack any surface.
- We tossed gravel geometry "status quo" out the window. The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry we've ever created for a drop bar bike, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. We've increased the frame's reach and introduced a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. All this creates incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while spec'ing shorter stems keeps the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. We've kept the bike's BB low to increase stability, but high enough to utilize with 650b wheels if that's your jam.
- We've given the Diverge plenty of rack mounts, including fork and top tube mounts, to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go or how long you plan to stay out.
|Frame||Specialized Diverge E5 Premium Aluminum, threaded BB, internal routing, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||FACT carbon, full carbon steerer, flat-mount|
Front: 12 x 100mm thru-axle
Rear: 12 x 142mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width, alloy rim, 23mm depth, 24/28h|
|Tires||Specialized RoadSport, Flak Jacket protection, 700c x 35|
|Crankset||Shimano Claris R200|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano 68mm threaded|
|Chain||KMC X8 w/Missing Link, 8-speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Claris, 8-speed, braze-on|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Claris, 8-speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t|
|Shifters||Shimano Claris 2000, 8-speed|
|Handlebars||Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|Stem||Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise|
|Brakes||Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc|
|Pedals||Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Bridge Saddle, steel rails|
|Seat Post||Alloy, 2-bolt Clamp, 12mm offset, 27.2mm, anti-corrosion hardware|
* Subject to change without notice.