We designed the new Tarmac to have the perfect blend of aerodynamics, light weight, and ride quality to deliver the ride of your life. From using our FreeFoil Shape Library to find the best tube shapes, to developing our next generation of Rider-First Engineered design, the new Tarmac is the culmination of our ever-longing pursuit of speed. It's a pure-bred race machine with no compromises. One bike to rule them all.
The all-new Tarmac Pro delivers the perfect blend of performance and value. A full SRAM Force eTap AXS 1x groupset aides in aero performance, will delivering a gear range that provides plenty of range for most rides—a 46t chainring with a 10-36 cassette. Add in Roval's new Rapide CL, with their exceptional stability and aerodynamic prowess, and the Tarmac Pro with SRAM eTap is perfect for crit racing, smashing the group ride, or piloting you to that next PR.
- 'Aero is everything'—we've been preaching it for years and it's still the driving force for the new Tarmac. In our quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, we took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized our FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a library of optimized shapes, we turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike, for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac that's the fastest we've tested—45 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6. No compromises, just pure speed.
- Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that's easy to live with. We've improved the routing for any configuration — mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. — all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It's a win-win.
- Continuing our quest to develop the perfect race bike, we used our Rider-First Engineered philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet—no matter the size. With an army of the world's best test riders from our three World Tour Teams — Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe — we made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. We balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable—all without giving up anything to the Tarmac's legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac's development, and to the development of all of our race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously "aero bikes" always compromised in the weight department—the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, we delivered a frame that weighs a mere 920 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
|BB Drop (mm)||74||74||74||72||72||72||72|
|BB Height (mm)||266||266||266||268||268||268||268|
|Bike Standover Height (mm)||723||735||746||768||786||808||834|
|Chainstay Length (mm)||410||410||410||410||410||410||410|
|Crank Length (mm)||165||165||170||172.5||172.5||175||175|
|Fork Length, Full (mm)||366||366||366||366||366||366||366|
|Fork Rake/Offset (mm)||47||47||47||44||44||44||44|
|Front Center (mm)||572||574||577||579||592||606||613|
|Handlebar Width (mm)||380||380||400||420||420||440||440|
|Head Tube Angle||70.5||71.75||72.5||73||73.5||73.5||74|
|Head Tube Length (mm)||93||102||113||131||151||178||198|
|Saddle Width (mm)||155||155||155||143||143||143||143|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.5||75.5||74||74||73.5||73.5||73|
|Seat Tube Length (mm)||435||447||458||475||496||517||547|
|Seatpost Length (mm)||300||300||300||380||380||380||380|
|Stem Length (mm)||70||80||90||100||100||110||110|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal (mm)||496||509||531||541||563||577||595|
Due to supply-chain issues, Specs are subject to change without notice.
|Frame||Tarmac SL7 FACT 10r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Wheels||Roval Rapide CL, 21mm internal width carbon rim, Win Tunnel Engineered, DT for Roval 350 hub, DT Swiss Revolution spokes|
|Tires||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB BSA 68|
|Crankset||SRAM Force AXS Power Meter|
|Shifters||SRAM Force eTap AXS|
|Front Derailleur||SRAM Force eTAP AXS, braze-on|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Force eTAP AXS, 12-speed|
|Cassette/Freewheel||SRAM Force, 12-speed, 10-33t|
|Chain||SRAM Force 12-speed|
|Brakes||SRAM RED eTAP AXS, hydraulic disc|
|Handlebars||Roval Rapide Handlebar, carbon|
|Tape/Grips||Supacaz Super Sticky Kush|
|Stem||Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree|
|Seatpost||2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, 20mm offset|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power Pro, hollow titanium rails|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Carbon/Smoke/Metallic White Silver / 54cm||888818767694||90622-1054||TSL|