Go long. go fast. superlight and silky smooth, the flagship series of the new defy range is back to reclaim its title as the pinnacle of endurance road. it’s the perfect choice for the sportive or gran fondo that’s circled on your calendar.
With greater lateral stiffness and a superlight frame weight of 785g, this is the most efficient Defy ever. The composite frame layup targets smooth-riding performance for long, hard rides. The new D-Fuse SLR seatpost is now lighter and engineered with 40 percent added compliance. The Contact SLR D-Fuse handlebar, also new, features similar D-shaped tubing as the seatpost to absorb shocks and vibrations, plus an 8-degree flare for improved ergonomics and control. Component highlights include the new Contact SLR AeroLight stem with integrated cable routing. A CADEX 36 WheelSystem with superlight hookless carbon rims delivers snappy yet stable handling and superior tubeless tire performance.
- Free of cumbersome gimmickry, the frameset is one of the lightest in its category. With a perfect balance of high-performance reactivity and all-day comfort, it offers a “less is more” experience for modern endurance road riding.
- Advanced SL-grade composite frame and fork are specifically engineered for endurance road riding, delivering a smooth and efficient ride quality that minimizes fatigue on long rides. The new D-Fuse components work together to further absorb road shocks and vibrations.
- A new Contact D-Fuse handlebar features ergonomic shaping and an 8-degree flare for comfort and control on all-day rides. Wide, hookless carbon rims (22.4mm inner width) are optimized for high-volume tubeless tires (up to 38mm), and a 36mm rim depth offers stable, predictable handling in crosswinds.
ADVANCED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
- Giant’s High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
- A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design (92-millimeter wide for off-road bikes). Asymmetric chainstays provide additional stiffness on the driveside and stability on the non-driveside.
COMPACT ROAD DESIGN
- Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- Found inside the head tube of the all-new Propel range, the D-shaped fork steerer tube and corresponding spacers provide an extremely aerodynamic, easier to service system of internally routed brake and derailleur cables.
|A - Seat Tube Length (mm)||410||445||480||515||535||565|
|B - Seat Tube Angle (°)||74.5°||74.0°||73.5°||73.0°||73.0°||73.0°|
|C - Top Tube Length (mm)||515||530||545||560||575||595|
|D - Head Tube Length (mm)||120||140||150||175||195||215|
|E - Head Tube Angle (°)||70.5°||71.8°||72.5°||72.5°||72.5°||72.5°|
|F - Fork Rake (mm)||50||50||50||50||50||50|
|G - Trail (mm)||71.6||63.4||58.6||58.6||58.6||58.6|
|H - Wheelbase (mm)||995||994||998||1010||1025||1040|
|I - Chain Stay Length (mm)||420||420||420||420||420||420|
|J - Bottom Bracket Drop (mm)||75||75||75||70||70||70|
|K - Stack (mm)||527||541||558||577||596||615|
|L - Reach (mm)||369||375||380||384||393||402|
|M - Stand Over Height (mm)||705||733||762||796||814||841|
|N - Handlebar Width (mm)||400||400||420||420||440||440|
|O - Stem Length (mm)||80||90||100||100||110||110|
|P - Crank Length (mm)||170||170||172.5||172.5||175||175|
|Q - Wheel Size||700C||700C||700C||700C||700C||700C|
|CM||157 - 169||165 - 175||171 - 181||177 - 187||183 - 193||189 - 199|
|Frame||Advanced SL-grade composite, disc|
|Fork||Advanced SL-grade composite, full-composite OverDrive Aero steerer, disc|
|Rims||CADEX 36 Disc WheelSystem, [F]36mm, [R]36mm|
Front: CADEX R1 Hub, CenterLock, 12mm thru-axle
Rear: CADEX R1-C30 Low Friction Hub, 40t ratchet driver, CenterLock, 12mm thru-axle
|Spokes||CADEX Aero Carbon Spoke|
|Tires||CADEX Classic, tubeless, 700x32c (33.5mm), folding|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, press fit|
|Crankset||SRAM RED D1 DUB, 33/46 with Quarq DZero power meter XS:170mm, S:170mm, M:172.5mm, M/L:172.5mm, L:175mm, XL:175mm|
|Shifters||SRAM RED eTap AXS|
|Front Derailleur||SRAM RED eTap AXS|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM RED eTap AXS|
|Cassette/Freewheel||SRAM Force, 12-speed, 10x36|
|Chain||SRAM RED D1|
|Brakes||SRAM RED eTap AXS hydraulic|
|Rotors||SRAM CenterLine XR rotors [F]160mm, [R]160mm|
|Handlebars||Giant Contact SLR D-Fuse XS:40cm, S:40cm, M:42cm, M/L:42cm, L:44cm, XL:44cm|
|Tape/Grips||Stratus Lite 3.0|
|Stem||Giant Contact SLR AeroLight XS:80mm, S:90mm, M:100mm, M/L:100mm, L:110mm, XL:110mm|
|Seatpost||Giant SLR D-Fuse, composite, -5/+15mm offset|
|Saddle||Giant Fleet SLR|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Blue Dragonfly / Small||04712878945630||1031008104|
|Blue Dragonfly / Medium||04712878945647||1031008105|
|Blue Dragonfly / Medium/Large||04712878945654||1031008106|
|Blue Dragonfly / Large||04712878945661||1031008107|