Expand your idea of road riding and unlock new possibilities with this versatile all-rounder. With its balanced, smooth riding frame and components, powerful disc brakes and high-volume tubeless tires, Contend AR goes from fast pavement to bumpy backroads with confidence and control.
Designed and developed for aspiring riders looking to elevate their road riding capabilities, Contend AR combines a smooth, responsive ride quality with an ability to handle adventurous new routes. Its disc-brake integration and generous tire clearance (up to 38mm) put you in control, even on rough roads. Its D-Fuse composite seatpost dampens road vibrations, giving you a smoother, more enjoyable ride experience and minimizing fatigue. This is a true all-rounder for those road riders who have a thirst for adventure.
Balanced road geometry
- Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality
- Innovative D-Fuse seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations, and a Giant WheelSystem lets you run tubeless tires up to 38mm for a smoother ride quality and reduced risk of flats.
- Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Frame: ALUXX-Grade Aluminum, disc
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Wheels: Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Shifters: Shimano Claris
- Crankset: FSA Tempo, 34/50
Looking for a bike only to find out it's not available? This is why you should pre-order the bike you want ASAP. We are currently out of stock on many bikes and we expect the bike shortage to continue through the 2021 season.
When you pre-order a bike, you'll hold your spot in line for the bike when it arrives. Some bikes will be available in spring 2021 or late 2021 or even early 2022.
You can pre-order the bike online. If the bike will not be available within 2 weeks, we will take a $50.00 deposit. The balance due will be charged when you pick up the bike or when the bike is shipped. If you prefer to pay for the bike in full at the time of purchase, please request this as your checking out online in the "comment" field.
If for any reason you decide to cancel the order, the deposit is refundable.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||ALUXX-Grade Aluminum, disc|
|Fork||Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc|
Front: 100 x 12mm thru-axle
Rear: 142 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset|
|Hubs||Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset|
|Spokes||Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset|
|Tires||Giant S-R3 AC, 700x32c|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Claris|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano CS-HG50, 11x34|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Claris|
|Seat Post||Giant D-Fuse, alloy|
|Accessories & Extras||Tubeless prepared|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Charcoal / Small||04712878579873||2100038104||3161|
|Charcoal / Medium||04712878579880||2100038105||3162|
|Charcoal / Medium/Large||04712878579897||2100038106||3163|
|Charcoal / Large||04712878579903||2100038107||3164|
|Charcoal / X-Large||04712878579910||2100038108||3166|